Tuesday, February 8, 2011

portrait and self prortrait tips and ideas pt 2

I like this casual portrait a lot. The photographer has a fairly quiet background and you don't easily lose focus.

I like this casual portrait a little bit more. It may be better without the leaf falling in front of the camera but at least its out of focus. I like how the lines of the bridge work to create focus on the subject. Although at some points it creates a merger.
This is my favorite self portrait. I like how you can see his reflection in two of these spherical objects and not just the one.Its cool how the natural color of the ball puts an effect on the reflection like how on the right he's greenish. Overall, this is a cool photo and i would have to call it the better of the two,


This is my second favorite self portrait.Its interesting how the trees are so perfect that their trunks act as lines leading to the subject. The dress is a bright color which contrasts well against the somewhat gloomy background.
This is my first environmental portrait. I liked how it depicted the engineer realistically in his work environment. i like how the photo is focused on him and the background is out of focus to eliminate distractions.

This is my second environmental portrait.I find the sky behind him interesting with the way the blues almost form a place around him.I think how the water and the rocks look in the sun is also really cool.

              In my photo i am going to use a casual portrait style. I want to take a photo of my friend Heitzel Alvarenga and she me. i was thinking maybe where she peers over the railing from the second floor of the hallway and i shoot her using the lines to lead to her but i am sure we will find other places to shoot. I would like to take a photo where if i cant make a simple background i could make one where its fairly symetrical on both sides of the subject. Since this is a magazine i dont think i want to use the rule of thirds but rather put my subject in the center to allow room for a title and other things like a short insight and a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment